Vrksasana (tree pose)
I decided to put up photos of me doing some of my favorite yoga poses outdoors in this beautiful fall before the weather gets too cold. The workout top & bottom I’m wearing is from Cotton Cantina. I love how breathable and light the materials used in these are. However, the top is a bit sheer. I was wearing a pink exercise bra, so it was showing a bit. If you wear a neutral colored bra, you’ll be fine!
Natarajasana (dancer’s pose)
Urdhva Dhanurasana (upward bow/full wheel pose)
Virabhadrasana III (warrior 3 pose)
Below is a GIF I put together sloppily of my doing an upward bow/full wheel. It’s a good beginner’s guide to follow. I did not intend to do a step-by-step guide at all. The other shots in the GIF were a mistake, because the timer stopped while I was midway the pose!
Anjali Mudra (salutation seal)
Below is an infographic from Huffington Post on “How Yoga Transforms Your Body.” The article on there is good to read too!
This is how yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi (= Les Mills‘ Bodyflow) + a good diet helped me transform MY body:
* High fat diet with good saturated fats (organic grass fed butter/ghee and coconut oil) made me have more of an hourglass figure. I used to be more pear shaped. My waist slimmed down significantly without needing a corset ;-)
* The collagen produced in my body by eating more organic grass fed meat helped me have smoother skin. My hands, feet, and lips used to be so rough and dry. There is a grass fed supplement for collagen (and whey) too if you don’t eat red meat (but I highly recommend you do). I get my and my husband’s personal supplements mostly on Bulletproof’s website.
* By changing my diet, I was able to effortlessly perform exercises that would usually wear me out. I am more flexible now, and I’m able to recover from injury pretty fast.
* Yoga (especially inversions) and Tai Chi, helped me feel so much more relaxed, happy, and alert by having blood flow through different parts of my body better and relieving tension in my muscles.
* Pilates gave me a flatter tummy and better abs (and the food I eat made me get there a lot faster!).
* … and so much more! I will be blogging more and more about how food and the appropriate exercise on this blog now, because it has truly turned my world around (and rocked it)!
How has your lifestyle makeover (diet + exercise) changed you?