Independent Fashion Bloggers started a new Links á la Mode feature specifically for techies, and I am happy to be part of the very first list! Thank you. I truly apologize for being the slowest I’ve ever been in updating the blog, returning comments, and responding back to messages. I’m back in college full time while working, so it’s been quite stressful these past couple of months, but I will get back to all of you! I have also been wanting to write my usual lengthy posts, but I’ve been so pressed for time that I can only do outfit posts here and there. Good news for you though, my next post will be another lovely giveaway! I have yet again included my own list of links beneath IFB’s selection—some techy, some not, but do check them out!
Cool, Chic in a CLICK!
Edited by Christen Rochon
It’s the best part about the ever-changing age of technology – It’s fashionably evolving, it’s no longer cut, dry and unattractive! It is translated differently by everyone, it’s mysterious, fashionable and chic. It’s infused in everything we do in many respects and this week’s Tech Links a la Mode highlight that whether your tech interest is simply blogging related, gadget-trend related or fashion related, it is very much ownable and deeply personal.
I’m excited to be apart of IFB and the inaugural editing of the IFB Links a la Mode: Tech, looking forward to seeing everyone’s tech posts throughout the year!
Links à la Mode: Tech – March 15th
- a la Modest: Retroactivity: Turning Back Technology
- Relatively Chic: Gettin’ Techy: Google Webmaster Tools
- Monica: Fashion Techno Frenzy – The Story Of The Love Affair Between Fashion And Technology.
- TINEEY: How I Blogged My Way Through Fashion Week With ONLY An iPhone.
- Miss Viki: Fashion Blogs Go Mobile.
- Ondo Lady: My Blogging Tools: A List of Equipment I Use To Blog
- Previously Owned: ORGANIZATION: Mail decluttering and such… a tutorial.
- Divas and Dorks: Fashions Top Designers Choose The Apple iPad!
Originally from IFB.
Links á la Modest
- RGB Records – My husband’s and my storefront on Amazon, containing mostly used CDs and rare books and guaranteed to have the lowest prices on the Web. New items are added at least once a week.
- Fashion’s Effect on Men and Women – “The net can be a dangerous place simply because people– both men and women– have allowed pictures to be taken (and things to be worn) that cross the line, but they excuse it in the name of fashion.”
- Ridiculous Brian Eno Interview– I tweeted this post sometime ago. This was one of the funniest interviews I’ve ever seen. Brian Eno is genius. Please tell me you get this.
- Why I’m Not Getting an iPhone– Even though I have an iPhone myself that I got as a gift, I still share the author’s dislike of being constantly consumed by technology. I do hate seeing people glued to their phones, especially in movie theaters!
- Portlandia: Technology Loop – A sketch from one of my recent show obsessions, comically explaining why I don’t like being constantly connected on the Web. You can watch the clip of it below. The show has Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein from Sleater-Kinney. I see hints of Tim and Eric Awesome Show in this, but with less LSD.