Thanks to Independent Fashion Bloggers again for picking my post for this week! I highly recommend reading friend and fellow modesty blogger Ruby-Eyed Okapi‘s chosen post, too! As usual, please be advised that I do not necessarily approve of the other articles on here. Please practice caution as you go through the links.
Since this post is all about links, let me give a shout out to these wonderful people: Victoria Tiedmann, Christa Taylor, MINTheGap, Jessica Rogers, Sarah, Lisa, Shey, Natasha Atkerson, Krystal, Sweet Veloso, Ally, Katie Dahl, Brittan Salisbury, RJ G, Rachel Galloway, Tawny Nicole, Saidah Washington, Dena Lorenzi, Cheryl.
Before I sign out, watch out for an exciting liquidation sale announcement and a giveaway you don’t want to miss on the next post!
Costume Drama: A Break From All Things Outfit
Edited by: Holier than Now
It’s the Halloween season, when some of us choose to experience the thrill (or horror) of looking nothing like ourselves for a night. For those of you who blog or socially post your outfits, perhaps it’s a chance to take a break from the judgmental eye of the spotlight (consider Love Brown Sugar and One More‘s pieces on the subject) – one night where you turn in “looking good” for looking scary, time period-accurate, or just … a little sexier than usual. Inspired? Find last minute costume inspiration from Tickle Me Chic and more.
And for those of us who don’t celebrate the witching hour, there’s still a chance to step away from the closet and remind ourselves that great lingerie, shoes, bags, and jewels can make even a white tee and jeans look scary good.
Links à la Mode: October 28th
- A La Modest: 7 Common Reactions to Style
- Best of Bklyn: In Favor of Knickknacks – How to Personalize Your House Into A Home
- Boheme Noir: The definitive IN/OUT list for Fall 2010 bags
- Closet Confections: Fashion Bloggers Take On Product Placement:A Video Response
- Cute and Little One: Product placement and blogger responsibility: a blogger’s role in influencing product advertising.
- Daisy Dayz: Inspiring locally-designed headwear
- Fashion Cents: 3 Tips to Consider for Open-Toe Boots/Shoes for Fall
- Fête à Fête: YSL’s new Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks
- Holier than Now: 11 Great Jewelry Sites You Might Not Know About
- Hunting and Gathering: Why Classic Jewelry Never Goes out of Style
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Want to be a professional blogger?
- Interrobangs Anonymous: On going grey in your twenties
- Love Brown Sugar: Why Don’t You Love Me? A curvy girl’s ode to outfit posting on fashion communities
- Miss Viki: AND_i captivating jewelry show coverage, with video
- OK, Bowtie: Underneath: why everyone needs pretty underwear
- One More: Does a bloggers dress size affect readership and is the blogging community becoming divided over it?
- Ruby-Eyed Okapi: A Modest Approach to Halloween Costumes
- Style Every Day: How to change that horrible mess of jewelry on your dresser to supreme organization
- The Lingerie Addict: How to Buy Vintage Lingerie for the Perfect Pin-up Figure
- Tickle Me Chic: Fashion-inspired Halloween Costumes
- Vogue Mornings: Ten Tips for Achieving Work/Life Balance