Thanks to Independent Fashion Bloggers for choosing my blog post again for this week! Mine is the second link (the article featuring Laura Burhenn). Please note that “Links à la Mode” compilations are from IFB and may contain clothing or views that I may not necessarily agree with.
More than a Fashion Blogger
Edited by: Marie Denee of The Curvy Fashionista
Whatever your thoughts are about fashion bloggers, this week’s links a’la mode reads were quite evocative. Hardly does an article leave me questioning my own thoughts or ideals, especially when talking fashion. I may be moved to buy, but deeper? (sans any type of societal injustice) These bloggers brought more to the table, as Vogue Gone Rogue did with her declaration of the coexistence of feminism and fashion. Yet, I was proud to be an entrepreneur after glimpsing into the world of a bridal consultants leap into fashion design.In a world where a new fashion blog is born everyday and everyone is a critic. Confessions of a Fashion Editor interviews an outspoken blogger critic while Guacamole & Toast ponders if we should even care what others say. Whether you read because of the pretty pictures, fun reads, or fashion tips, know your authors are more than fashion bloggers.
Links à la Mode: July 22nd
- 365 Fashion Rehab- The Cost/Quality Conundrum. Three tops in three different price ranges: How do you really know if the quality of a garment matches its price tag?
- A La Modest- Thrifting Down the Mainstream: “With this new wave rave for vintage, even Goodwill is raising their prices because the more affluent kids are ransacking their racks for one-of-a-kind retro rompers and sixties sandals.”
- Bachmans Sparrow- Transform your basic tanks into beautiful, statement pieces with just a little lace. Check it out in my easy DIY tutorial!
- Bobbins And Bombshells: Who’s That Behind Those Foster Grants? Part fashion history part give away!
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor- Nati Hell, of ‘Fashion Bloggers Why?!’ Answers Back
- Cuffington- The Tale of the Tape- A chance encounter with an old handmade mix tape cover (crafted nine years ago from a page torn from an issue of W) takes me back to the very moment when I truly became interested in fashion, and what fashion was capable of.
- Denim Debutante: Paula’s Denim Dear John Letter
- Eva Lu- Tame those Bangs! 3 ways to keep your hair looking pretty while cycling through the city.
- Fashionizehaus- Style vs. Fashion: Tips on Developing the Fomer
- French Leaving- Lovely Clusters of Beige: A collage of selected Etsy/Lovely Clusters picks of beige items.
- Hello Beauty Blog- Bobbi gets a little rock ‘n roll with her latest collection, Denim & Rose.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: When Words Attack Bloggers
- Living Embellished- Unmask Italia: Learn of the wonders that lay in the Venetian Masks
- Miss Jones and Me- Binary Opposition: Applying the device to my life and my wardrobe
- Parker and Muse- Balancing my day job as a bridal consultant/photo editor with starting a fashion line: The economics of pursuing my passion.
- Style it You- Condé Nast recently rejected Mario Epaya’s proposal for Vogue Africa. Will fashion ever embrace diversity in beauty?
- The Curvy Fashionista- Christian Siriano for Payless for Fall 2010: From Runway to Realway?
- The Haute Hoosier- Supermodels are Dead: Introducing the Catwalk Queens You’ve Never Heard Of- A round up of some of today’s hottest catwalk queens.
- The Vintages Contemplations on caring about public opinion and considering the potential success of the typical blog – one with a blogger who is not particularly glamorous, rich, or thrifty, only average, as most of us are.
- Guacamole & Toast When the day is going bad just hop on your bike and ride out into the sunset. Your worry’s will melt away as the sun sets! Let the wind blow all the cares away! And do it in style of course!
- Vogue gone Rogue- A closer take on feminism and fashion.