Thank you for IFB for picking my post for this week! So who’s stuck at home once again with this snow? Yesterday though Rob and I had a chance to just lay out on top of a hill with sunshine on our faces and nothing but a light jacket on! We managed to take a nap before we had to work on errands that evening—and before it got windy and therefore cold. I want to just lay outside again and take a nap OUTDOORS on a nice, sunny day. When was the last time you’ve done that? It feels so good to just connect with the earth, sun on our skin, wind in our hair. For us folks in the east coast, we need to take time to enjoy that whenever it happens in the winter!
Style is made of so many pieces it’s hard to focus on just one element. The beauty is the collective whole of random bits and pieces from our lives makes for an abstract pattern. What? Ok, maybe that’s a bit philosophical, then again, so are a couple of the posts in this week’s roundup. From a close look at Emilio Pucci’s outrageous prints, to dissecting the underrepresentation of lesbians in the fashion world, and decoding childhood memories influence on design, there’s a lot to look at even more closely than whether or not an outfit works.
Links à la Mode: March 13
- Adorned in Armor: Lupita: A Cinderella Story
- A La Modest: Emilio Pucci: Kaleidoscope Patterns & Sci Fi Uniforms
- Al-Balsam Life: Fashion Fever Paris Fashion Week Edition
- A Tale of Two Shoes: Do we really read blogs?
- Attire Club: Les Sapeurs: The Dapper Men of The Congo
- Fashioned by Love: 5 Minutes with Nadia Vodianova
- Happy Pretty Sweet: A Brief History of Jeans
- Hunting in Heels: Mary Katranzou and the Death of the Digital Print
- Lara Lizard: 9 Blogger Pet Peeves
- Lollieshopping: 90′s Fashion I Don’t Miss
- Madame Ostrich: Let’s Hear if For the Girls: The Issue With Lesbian Underrepresentation In Fashion
- Miss Monet: Fashion Wearabouts at Paris Fashion Week
- Style Curated: Interviewing the Interviewer: Kinvara Balfour
- Style Vanity: 10 Tips to Get a Job in Fashion (No Matter Where You Live)
- Tangles & Chains: 3 Jewelry Wearing Mistakes to Avoid When Going on a Date
- The Sassy Girl: Splurge vs Steal: Spring 2014 Fashion
- The Style Lineup: 4 Easy Steps to Make Your Jewelry Fit
- Trend Survivor: Milan Fashion Week Decoded
- We Are Ready Made: W.A.R.M. is in the Mood for Childhood Memories
- Wild Beauty World: Marilyn Minter’s Subversive Beauty