Rachel E. Dahl (RED) attended George Mason University and the University of Maryland University College and pursued a B.S. in Information Technology. Her portfolio includes works done for GMU, Loudoun County, and Prince William County of VA. Rachel is happily married to Robert, a copy editor and a musician. They run a business together that has little to do with their educational background and previous occupation but swear that it is the best job ever.
à la Modest is her platform for expressing her ideas on style that reflects a woman who is confident of her own beauty and worth without the need to put out because of public pressure.
The styles incorporated on my blog are based on personal inspirations from my favorite decades’ pop or underground culture, music, movies/shows, and art scene.
I write about feminism and femininity with a different angle, strengthening women’s freedom through the boundaries of morality.
I eat 100% gluten-free food, and I like yoga and Pilates. I am a big supporter of natural products, and I truly believe in their benefits over synthetic chemicals. I am open to alternative lifestyles.
I am a constant learner and a fan of capitalism. I believe in sacrificing my own freedoms for the greater good.
I have been a business owner and a Web Designer/Developer since childhood. I like science but not so much on popular personal technology. I think popular personal technology is easily abused and weakens social relationships. I like sci-fi, fantasy, and psychological movies the best. If I had to pick one genre of music to listen to, I’d pick post punk.
My favorite fashion designers are Alexander McQueen and Ann Demeulemeester. Although I like their designs, I mostly wear mod clothing.
I like puns, alliteration, and clever humor.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – 2011 Jan 20 | March 3 | March 14 | 2010 June 11| June 17 | July 24 | August 16 | August 26 | Sept 2 | Sept 9 | Oct 7 | Oct 28 | Nov 4 | Dec 16 |
- Market Publique – 2010 July
- Hypeed- 2010 Age of Vintage | The Cape Shape |
- 33 Avenue Miquelon 2012 Follow Friday | Follow Friday – Farewell 2012, Hello 2013 Edition Vol. 1 2011 – Le Suivre Vendredi |
- For Those About to Shop 2011 Fashion is a feminist issue 2010 Fashion that Repels |
- Trendtation- 2010 Sept 1 | Dec 26 |
- Empowered Traditionalist – 2010 May 16 | July 23 | August 30 |
- This Christian Lady – 2010 July 18 | July 29 |
- Ruby-Eyed Okapi – 2010 Sept 13 | Dec 29 |
- What I Wear, What I Do, and Why I Did It- 2010 Oct 13 |
- Suddenly Darling – 2010 August | October |
- Least in the Kingdom – 2010 June 28
- MoMoMod – 2010 June 23| July 2 |
- Femina Online- 2010 August 24
- Modesty is Pretty- 2010 July 1
- Chicisimo- 2010 Sept 2 |
- Random Ramblings of a Recovering Ranter – 2011 A La Modest: Rencontre De La Mode Fun!
- Virtuous Girlhood – 2010 articles I wrote (republished)
- L’Express – 2011 Chez Elles #12 : Du côté des blogueuses mode chrétiennes pour les JMJ
- This is Vintage Now
- Orchard Corset: 2013 Jan 14 Corsets Not Just for Waist Training
This work by alamodest.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License