Rachel E. Dahl (RED) attended George Mason University and the University of Maryland University College and pursued a B.S. in Information Technology. Her portfolio includes works done for GMU, Loudoun County, and Prince William County of VA. Rachel is happily married to Rob. They run a business together that has little to do with their educational background and previous occupation but swear that it is the best job ever!
À LA MODEST is a conservative indie fashion / style blog. It is her platform for expressing her ideas on style that reflects a woman who is confident of her own beauty and worth without the need to put out because of public pressure through modest but creative apparel. She is conservative in two ways—in the manner of clothing and in her political views. She is indie in two ways as well—with her clothing choices and the fact that she is not very well known among the fashion community.
To learn more about what this blog is about, here are some notable posts from Philosophy category of À LA MODEST:
- Salt & Light Apply to Clothing
- War on Women: What Would Women Do?
- The 7 Common Reactions to Style
- The Modern Woman’s Pre-Marital To-Do List
- Modesty DOES Matter: A Reply to Relevant Magazine
- Invisibility Cloak: The Desire to be Noticed
- Are You a Cosmo Girl or a Kosmios Girl?
- Modesty and Romance
The styles incorporated on her blog are based on personal inspirations from her favorite decades’ pop or underground culture, music, movies/shows, and art scene.
She writes about feminism and femininity with a different angle, strengthening women’s freedom through the boundaries of morality. When she was still in her mother’s womb, the doctor suggested to do abortion because her mother was bleeding abnormally. Thankfully, her mother did not listen to her doctor.
She follows the Bulletproof way of eating (high saturated fat + organic + low mycotoxins + grass fed + low carb + gluten free + no sugar) and likes yoga and Pilates. She’s a big supporter of natural and organic products and truly believes in their benefits over synthetic chemicals.
She’s a constant learner and a fan of capitalism.
Rachel has been a business owner and a Web Designer/Developer since childhood. She enjoys sci-fi, fantasy, and psychological movies the best. If she had to pick one genre of music to listen to, she’s most definitely pick new wave/post punk.
Her favorite fashion designers are Alexander McQueen, Ann Demeulemeester, Rick Owens, and Helmut Lang. Realistically, she wears a lot more bright colors than their designs.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – June 20 | June 27 | August 1 |
- Wow Effect Oct 28 – Rachel Dahl: outfits that combines womanliness and feminism
- Christine Lingerie Oct 1 – Christine Hearts À LA MODEST – screen cap
- USC Social Work – Today is Suicide Awareness and Prevention Blog Day
- Orchard Corset: Jan 14 : Corsets Not Just for Waist Training
- Skinny Scoop June Top 25 Feminist + Political Blogs
- StyleBizarre – April The Shallow and The Conscious
- Hit-Bag – Interview July 4
- Suite 101: How to Look Good in Vintage Fashion
2012 (wasn’t very active online that year)
- 33 Avenue Miquelon – Follow Friday | Follow Friday – Farewell 2012, Hello 2013 Edition Vol. 1
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Jan 20 | March 3 | March 14
- 33 Avenue Miquelon – Le Suivre Vendredi
- For Those About to Shop – Fashion is a feminist issue
- Random Ramblings of a Recovering Ranter - A La Modest: Rencontre De La Mode Fun!
- L’Express – 2011 Chez Elles #12 : Du côté des blogueuses mode chrétiennes pour les JMJ
- This is Vintage Now
- Independent Fashion Bloggers June 11| June 17 | July 24 | August 16 | August 26 | Sept 2 | Sept 9 | Oct 7 | Oct 28 | Nov 4 | Dec 16 |
- Market Publique – July How Do you Wear Your Vintage (selections from our weardrobe contest-part 3, ladylike) (link broken: image saved here)
- Hypeed- Age of Vintage | The Cape Shape |
- For Those About to Shop Fashion that Repels |
- Trendtation- 2010 Sept 1 | Dec 26 |
- Empowered Traditionalist - May 16 | July 23 | August 30 |
- This Christian Lady – July 18 | July 29 |
- Ruby-Eyed Okapi – Sept 13 | Dec 29 |
- What I Wear, What I Do, and Why I Did It- Oct 13 |
- Suddenly Darling - August | October | (archive here)
- Least in the Kingdom - June 28
- MoMoMod - June 23| July 2 |
- Femina Online- August 24
- Modesty is Pretty- July 1
- Virtuous Girlhood - articles I wrote (republished)
- Mary Margaret Modesty is just so hard to find – Oct 31
- Wikipedia image
This work by alamodest.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License